I’m away from home for about two months to work in a Call Center Company for the whole summer, causing me to feel like, somewhat, a grown-up (naks!) and at the same time, a very needy person who longs to know what to do next, how will i overcome this, and this, why is this happening, when will i stop, what to say and many WH-H questions, every single day.
In short, that’s the season when i realized i really really need God. EVERY. STEP. OF. THE. WAY. I mean, i know I need God, however, in those times, I felt like I need Him more, no, most, in every aspect of my life.
So there you go, in those times when i realized I’m a very needy person. I keep myself going to a Nap Room in our office for atleast an hour, not to sleep, but to seek God in prayers, devotions, and reading Christian articles, which lead me to Joena San Diego’s website, containing good writings (oh heavens!) that will really makes you kilig more with God.
Aaand, there’s this blog, When God drops a Cheesy Lines, it says there that when you are in a foreign country, or should i say, unfamiliar place for you, you will hear that still small voice louder, whispering what you’re waiting to hear at the end of a long tiring, or probably a joyful day!
As i read those, i realized that it’s really true! I’ve been to places i’m not familiar with, stay for a little bit long in those places and God never ever fails to whisper what I really need to hear, and to share with you also the messages I heard from God, as Joena did, I asked permission to her to reblog this one. Hihihi.
- Tell me of all your flaws & let me love you anyway. It’s when I don’t feel I’m loved and I’m not supposed to be loved because I fail Him often, yet, His grace is so sufficient to love me anyway and regardless.
- Well, you’re not here to simply gain working experience. You are here for the purpose I have for you. There’s a time back then, that I seemed to forgot why am i working there, i just want to go home, like my classmates are doing while vacation. I thought I’m just working and working and working. Then, He made me realized that His purpose for me is to share Him to my co-workers.
- Do you think that is something that will change the plans I have for you? No, anak. I am consumed by discouragements I’m getting from people I’m surrounded with that I thought those are the things i’ll be living for for the rest of my life and He just confronted me with a question that is, indeed, kakilig!!
- It’s not about you, anak. For if it is about you, the pressure will be on you. It’s about Me & don’t worry, I’ll work before you. When it feels like sharing the gospel to someone is so discouraging because i thought people will just reject me, He reminded me that at the end of the day, it’s not about me naman. It’s all bout His glory.
- I understand. If you’re tired, I’ve prepared a fortress for you. I love you. I was crying out in the comfort room telling God i’m tired doing the same thing, and always ends with a shout from the customer on the line. I’m tired and all I have to do that time is just to give up, but God did not encourage me to give up. He cheers me up and reminded me I can find my fortress in His name.
- Simply because you are mine. Pressured by the words “maging open minded ka kasi” from my co-workers, I asked God, why it has to be like, people like them chooses to things of this world while I, as His follower, am not expected to do things they are asking me to have an open mind, when in fact, He’s the One who made us. I’m glad God answered with a simple sentence and it explains it all, and it’s not simply because i am His. It’s because His grace allowed me to decide to be His. And i’m beyond grateful of that. 🙂